Effective as of January 16,2019
Introduction and Scope
You agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy. If we decide to make any material changes to our data processing practices, we will update the Policy and notify you about this in accordance with the “Changes to This Policy” section.
In the context of the activities described in this Policy, the following legal entity acts as a data controller for your Personal Data:
19 Vicar St,
Cork T12 Y0Y7
Categories of Personal Data
If you are an employee of our customer seeking professional recruitment services, we may process the following types of Personal Data about you:
- biographical information which may include your name and surname;
- contact information such as your email address and phone number; and
- work-related information such as your company name, job title and work location;
- testimonials about Lastel and our services.
If you are a candidate who has applied to us for the purposes of securing a job, we may process the following types of Personal Data about you:
- biographical information, such as your name, gender, marital status, and date of birth, nationality;
- contact information, such as your email address, phone number, Skype ID and place or residence; and
- any information included in your CV, such as your work experience, previous job roles and responsibilities, technical and non-technical skills that you possess, data about your educational background including school and university qualifications, certificates, trainings, languages, references and hobbies.
If you are a candidate who has been successfully shortlisted and invited for further face-to-face, Skype or phone interview with us, we may obtain the following Personal Data about you:
- your current salary;
- your expectations about the position, such as desired compensation and/or benefits;
- wishes regarding your next careers steps;
- any data that may be contained on the pages of your identification documents, such passport and/or ID, social security number, work permit, and residence permit; and
- any other information supplied to us during the interview process.
If you are successful in securing a contract role with us under Lastel’s payroll, we will require you to provide us with the following Personal Data in order to manage our contract and your salary:
- bank account name;
- bank account sort code;
- bank account number;
- IBAN and Swift code details;
- PPS details (applicable for Irish residents);
- Marital status for the purposes of facilitating tax advice; and
- Company name and registration number (if applicable).
When you access our Website whether by computer, mobile phone or any other device, we automatically collect certain information about your use of our Website which may include, among other things: geographical location and IDs of the device; bandwidth used; system and connection performance; browser type and version; operating system; referral source; length of visit; page views; IP address or other unique identifier of your device.
Use of Testimonials
We may select and post client testimonials on our Website, which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name, job title and the company you work for. This information may be visible to other visitors of our Website. We will obtain your consent prior to posting any testimonial with your name. If you would like us to remove your name or testimonial from our Website, you may reach us using the “Contact Us” section.
How We Receive Personal Data
We may receive Personal Data:
- from a candidate who contacts us or one of our recruiters directly, or when applying for a vacancy available on our Website;
- when we ask a candidate to submit his/her Personal Data to us through email, phone, face-to-face interviews, Skype or any other communication software.
Additionally, we may receive your Personal Data (in which case will notify you within a reasonable time) through referrals from other candidates, relevant marketing, data and digital institutes and place of education, or through one of the following online platforms (the list is not exhaustive):
- Monster recruitment portal;
- IrishJobs recruitment portal;
- other job boards; and
- other social network platforms.
Basis of Processing
Within the scope of this Policy, we may rely on one or more of the following legal grounds for processing your Personal Data:
- the need to perform the contractual duties we have in relation to our clients;
- the need to pursue our legitimate interests or those of our clients, such as finding a suitable and eligible candidate to fill clients’ open positions or keeping you informed of any of our other services and available positions which may be of interest.
- your consent;
- the necessity to comply with our legal obligations; and
- any other ground, as required or permitted by law in the specific respective context.
Purposes of Processing
We process Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to help candidates find a job or position by matching their experience with suitable vacancies;
- to evaluate suitability, eligibility and availability of candidates for a vacancy;
- to execute and fulfill the agreements with our clients;
- to arrange job interviews with Lastel or our clients;
- to let candidates know about any vacancies that they might be interested in, by sending job alert emails or reaching out to them via phone;
- to inform candidates and customers about our services;
- to post testimonials of our clients;
- to manage salary/invoice payments; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Sharing Personal Data with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Data with certain third-party providers for the purposes of facilitating the provision of our services. Such third parties may provide:
- email marketing services;
- email services;
- web analytics services;
- online survey providers; and
- cloud storage services.
We will require that all these third-party vendors maintain at least the same level of data protection that we maintain for such Personal Data.
Your Personal Data will also be shared with our customers for the purposes of delivering our service to them. Some of our clients who receive your Personal Data may be located in countries outside of the EU that do not offer an adequate level of protection of personal data as determined by the European Commission. We require that transfers of your Personal Data to such customers are subject to appropriate safeguards. Such safeguards include contractual arrangements with our customers, such as the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Other Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data:
- to the extent required by law or if we have a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, or private parties, including but not limited to: in response to subpoenas, search warrants, or court orders;
- if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our company’s business interests, assets, or both, or in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, or other company change; or
- to our subsidiaries or affiliates only if necessary for business and operational purposes.
If we must disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with official investigations or legal proceedings initiated by governmental and/or law enforcement officials, we may not be able to ensure that such recipients of your Personal Data will maintain the privacy or security of your Personal Data.
Data Integrity & Security
We maintain accurate information on our data subjects, and have adopted and implemented reasonable industry standard security procedures to protect any such information collected. Although Lastel will use reasonable efforts to secure network communications and our Website, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to,maintained on, or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure.
Data Retention Period
Whether you have been successful or unsuccessful in securing a role with us or with one of our clients, we will retain your Personal Data for 12 months. Upon the lapse of this period, using the contact information available to Lastel, we will ask you whether you would like Lastel to update and retain your Personal Data for another 12 months period or immediately remove your data from our databases.
Access, Review, Objection to Processing & Portability
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we store, you may have the right to request access to,and the opportunity to update,correct,port or delete such Personal Data. Under certain circumstances, you may also have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data. To submit such requests, please contact us using the information in the Contact Us section of this Policy.
Privacy of Children
Our Service is not directed to collect Personal Data from people under the age of 18. We do not knowingly allow anyone under 16 to submit any Personal Data to our Service. If you believe your child may have provided us with their Personal Data, you can contact us using the information in the Contact Us section of this Policy and we will delete the Personal Data.
Changes to this Policy
If we make any material change to this Policy, we will post the revised Policy to this web page and update the “Effective on” date above to reflect the date on which the new Policy became effective. We will also notify you about these changes via email.
If you have any questions about this Policy or the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may also contact us by using the following phone number:
+353 21 731 49 94
Please allow us 30 days to reply.
Supervisory Authority Oversight
If you are a data subject whose Personal Data we process, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in one or more of the European Union member states.