Software Engineering Manager
Lastel have partnered with a leading financial services provider with an EMEA HQ based in Limerick, Ireland who are currently expanding and looking for a Software Engineering Manager for their software development team.
In this role, you will be managing teams in an agile development environment. You will empower, lead, shape and inspire them focusing on competence development. You will foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This role is reporting directly to the VP of IT.
What you will be doing:
• Support the team and promote their successes, guide them to learn from their challenges, and share key learnings throughout the organisation.
• Implement accountability, autonomy and empowerment withing your teams
• Set clear goals and oversee progress
• Analyse team performance, collaborate with them on improvement of initiatives.
• Review the performance of individual team members and deliver effective coaching for improvement
• Collaborate with other Engineering Managers and Scrum Masters to implement and maintain measurements across teams and to oversee and sustain performance and product quality.
• Stay up to date with the tools and technologies that the team are using so you can provide help and advice on technical difficulties that arise.
• Establish effective product support mechanisms and rosters.
• Manage the recruitment process for new team members.
What you need:
• 10+ years of software delivery experience in an enterprise environment
• Minimum 3 years of management experience for a software development team in an agile environment
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of agile methodologies-Scrum,Kanban,XP, etc.
• Experience with agile development concepts and techniques – automated testing, user stories, TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, pairing, etc.
• Experience in working in a DevOps environment.
• Strong leadership skills to manage and develop a successfully functioning engineering team
• You think creatively, are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation.
• Excellent time management, prioritization, and decision-making skills driving high-impact, rapid, and iterative change in a fast-moving environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
Nice to have experience:
• Agile certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
• Background in Software Engineering
• Knowledge of .NET and Microsoft technologies
• Azure DevOps/TFS experience
If you believe you are qualified for this position and are currently in the job market or interested in making a change, please click below to apply for immediate consideration.
please fill in the fields