Senior Software Engineer
Lastel has partnered with a leading financial services client based in Limerick, Ireland.
As they are growing and building a new team to expand their market reach, they are looking for a Senior Server Software Engineer to contribute to the design, implementation and support of products features and functionality.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to work closely with a team of engineers to design and build best-in-class experiences for users. You will be collaborating with product and engineering leads to architect and implement enhancement that will reshape how users access products and services.
As a Senior Engineer, you will help build a brand-new team and influence the way the team operates. The team will be accountable for building new microservices from scratch.
What you will be doing:
• Develop new features, resolve bugs and improve the code base
• Contribute and add new features to Clover, resolve bugs, and refactor / improve the code base.
• Pinpoint technical requirements in product meetings and assist the business team with
• project planning and feature development.
• Develop new applications and take ownership of the new product from development through deployment and production monitoring.
• Work closely with Web/Android Developers to identify the best way to maintain low response times as new features are designed.
• Collaborate with colleagues to develop test plans and strategies.
What you need to have:
• 5+ years of service side programming in Java (Java 8 +) and Object-Oriented Programming.
• Experience in Microservices with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
• Experience with MySQL and JDBC, experience with JPA, such as Hibernate, is nice to have
• Experience in developing REST web services and understanding of Postman and cURL
• Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments
• TLS and certificate management in Java (SSL)
• Knowledge of Java test frameworks such as Junit and TestNG
• Understanding of DevOps principles
• Understanding of revision control and code review tools like Git/Github
• Experience with one or more cloud platforms: AWS. GCP
• Experience of working in an Agile Scrum teams
• Excellent communication skills
please fill in the fields