Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: This role offers both full time remote and hybrid working
Position Type: Permanent role
Lastel has partnered with a leading financial services provider with EMEA HQ based in Limerick, Ireland, who are looking for an Engineering Manager for their team.
This is an ideal role for someone has previous experience of managing teams in an agile environment. In this role, you will be leading, coaching and growing the careers of your team.
What you will be doing:
• You will be responsible for mentoring and promoting the success of your team
• Instil a culture of cooperation, mentoring and continuous improvement
• Set clear goals review team performance and collaborate with them on improvement initiatives
• Provide coaching to team members, arrange training and put a plan for skills development
• Be versed in tools and technologies that the team are using so you can advise when required
• Collaborate with peer engineering managers and scrum masters to implement and maintain measurements across teams and product quality
• Lead the recruitment process for the new team members
• Ensure effective product support mechanisms and rosters are in place.
What you need have:
• 10+ years of software delivery experience in an enterprise environment
• 3+ years of experience in a managerial role for a software development team in an agile environment.
• Strong knowledge of agile methodologies- Scrum, Kanban, Xp etc.
• Knowledge of agile development concepts and techniques – automated testing, user stories, TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery, pairing, etc.
• Experience in working in a DevOps environment
• Strong communication skills
• Nice to haves:
• background in Software Engineering
• Knowledge of .Net and Microsoft technologies
• Experience with Azure DevOps/TFS
• Agile certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner
If this sounds like you and are currently in the job market, please click below to apply for immediate consideration.
We are excited to hear from you!
please fill in the fields