Software Engineering Manager
Lastel has partnered with a leading financial services client based in Limerick, Ireland.
As they are growing and building a new team to expand their market reach, they are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to build, coach and shape the new team.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop and lead a team of server-side developers, testers, DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers. The team will be accountable for building new microservices from scratch.
An ideal candidate will have strong engineering, technical leadership and a learning mindset.
What you will be doing:
• Collaborate with the globally distributed leadership team to build customer focused solutions
• Lead a team of 4 to 6 engineers and managing their deliverables, and career though coaching and mentoring
• Instil a culture of cooperation and continuous improvement
• Prepare and review technical designs, code reviews, and delivery of high-quality architecture
• Collaborate with product management, design, quality, operations and product operation to define roadmaps and schedules to deliver high quality solutions to clients
• Work closely with HR team to lead and participate in the recruitment process for the new team members
• Maintaining relationships with internal & external partners during the implementation process to ensure that any critical issues are promptly resolved.
• Implementing department standards and procedures, recommending efficient ways to
ensure the best implementation practises of new or upgraded products
What you need to have:
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in Java development
• 2+ years of experience as in a managerial role for a software development team in an agile environment. A People Leader managing small to midsize teams.
• Experience with Java (Server),Spring Boot, SQL and RESTful APIs are a must have.
• Experience with distributed systems architecture including micro-services.
• Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs solutions.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Passion for coaching and mentoring to help individuals grow professionally and technically.
• Fintech, banking industry experience in platforms, banking applications, or online
financial solutions are nice to have.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is nice to have
If this role excites you and are currently in the job market, please click below to apply for immediate consideration.
We are excited to hear from you!
please fill in the fields