Senior Technical Architect
Lastel have partnered with a leading software development company based in Limerick, who are currently expanding and looking for a Senior Technical Architect.
Our client provides enterprise resource planning software and related enterprise software to manufacturing companies.
As a Senior Technical Architect you will have overall architectural and design responsibility for the Shop-floor extensions such as Production execution, based on Ignition Technology.
You will take ownership of the overall implementation architecture/infrastructure for a distributed application that is designed to run either local or in the cloud together with our client’s Cloud Adaptive ERP, utilizing application server on several platforms, deployed in a variation of environments.
What you will be doing:
• Following the training in the Production Execution solution and relevant Shop-floor knowledge, you will be involved as senior technical architect in instructing and
defining the optimal deployment model for implementing Production Execution
• You will be working closely with both European and US based teams and reporting to the manager based in US.
• Your role will be concentrated on Production Execution shop-floor solution along with the focus on the Ignition technology consisting of:
• Maintain high-level design support of product components including software applications, application modules, infrastructure, and component interfaces that work together to produce desired product.
• Verifies completed modules provide all functionality described application experts and meet non-functional requirements
• Delivers analyses and design reviews to other team members and groups with the department to avoid duplication
• Defines the methodology used in the software development lifecycle and provides guidance to the development community
• Create standards for use of technologies for programming and databases
• Document the product at the system at the system level for understanding by the development teams. When required may write a comprehensive topical white papers and presentation as part of documentation
• Collaborate with project and product groups to make sure that the features and modifications are included in the releases to support cross-product features
• Work closely with third party vendors to develop software or integrate their software into the company’s products
• Assess new technologies, software products and best practices to define feasibility and desirability of these within company’s products.
• There is a possibility of being assigned to projects as an architectural lead or a team member
What you have:
• Experience in project leadership responsibility in delivering Ignition in a discrete manufacturing environment including developing standard approaches to PLC and shop floor equipment
• Must have experience with the model view controller architecture
• Experience with one or more of the following databases is an advantage: MySQL, MariaDb, SQL Server, Oracle. Basic understanding of non-relational databases like Cassandra is a bonus
• Excellent written verbal and written communication skills
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Please click below to apply for immediate consideration.
please fill in the fields